Yields: 6 Servings
Cook Time: Aprox. 30 minutes
Pair with: Tiziano Pinot Grigio
5 oz Chicken Breast
3 oz Italian Sausage
1 14 oz Can Chicken Broth
2 Cups Tiziano Pinot Grigio
2 Heads of Cauliflower
1 Large Yellow Onion (small diced)
4 Garlic Gloves (minced)
4 Roma Tomatoes (small diced)
4 tsp Kosher Salt
2 tsp Saffron
¾ tsp Smoked Paprika
½ tsp Pepper 1
1. Chop the raw cauliflower into florets and place in a blender and blend until it reaches a rice like texture. (This should not take long, only about 45 seconds) After the cauliflower is riced, place it aside.
2. Coat the bottom of a large pot with olive oil over medium heat. Cook cubed chicken and Italian sausage until fully cooked (aprox. 5-7 minutes) and begins to brown the bottom of the pot.
3. Heat the broth and 2 cups of Tiziano Pinot Grigio in a saucepot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
4. Once the meat is fully cooked, add in the onions, garlic, tomatoes, salt, saffron, pepper and paprika in the pot and sautee until the onions are soft and translucent.
5. Once the onions have become soft and translucent, add the cauliflower to the pot at 1 ½ cup of the broth/wine mixture and mix thoroughly. Let the cauliflower simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, until tender.
6. While the cauliflower is cooking, place the shrimp in the broth/wine mixture and let cook until pink approximately 3-5 minutes. (Do not overcook the shrimp. They will become tough)
7. Once the shrimp are done, remove them from the broth and set aside.
8. Right before you remove the cauliflower mixture from the stove, add in the shrimp.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon.
*This Recipe is brought to you by FeedMeDalls.com